Friday, April 14, 2006

106 Miles From Springer: Still Trucking

Hello all! Megan and I have made it to our second Trail Town: Franklin, N.C. We are taking an extra day of rest here this weekend to allow my achilles tendon to heal a bit. The weather continues to be incredibly warm during the day, and last night it was pretty warm as well. I am loving the journey so far. The second shower felt just as good as the first shower in 10 days. Crazy isn't it?

I'm seeing more flowering trees now, but most of the hills are still brown. When we reach the tops of the mountains we can see the lush green valleys below. Beautiful!

We've had some serious climbs in Georgia, and were glad to leave them behind. North Carolina has been brutal at times, but not quite as hard as the Georgia section. I'm looking forward to meeting up with some of my teacher friends in Wesser, N.C. or Fontana, N.C. Can't wait to see you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ms. G, Its Kaleb Tucker. I hope ur umm Archilles tindon heals up. I know how you feel. Over spring break I got to go to Roanoke Va and hike a 10 mile portion of the AT. It was a ton of fun. I thought u would like to know that I hiked it 4 u. Look out for Macafee Knob in Roanoke. it was a fun hike. OH yah my uncle told me to tell u to be looking for tall brown and white mushrooms near poplar trees and ash trees. they are very good and not poisenous when u cook them. Well have a great time

Anonymous said...

If u get a chance, stop at some whiskey stills along the way.

Anonymous said...

Still TRUCKING??? I thought you were hiking!