Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Waterfall Tour: Transylvania County, S.C.

The day after the Hospital Rock Run hike, Beka and I decided to take a down day and drive to as many waterfalls as we could. Transylvania county is the location of Brevard, N.C., and the land of over 150 waterfalls. We capped out on four beautiful falls for the day. We would have viewed five, but we ran a muck on a "trail to nowhere", when we were looking for Moore Cove Falls in Pisgah National Forest. Come to find out (an hour later), we had taken the "path less traveled", and it had "made all of the difference" (in the words of Robert Frost). We never saw the falls thanks to the darn switchbacks!

Hooker Falls (13 foot)

High Falls (200 feet)


Triple Falls (my favorite)


Looking Glass Falls (75 feet)

7 comments:

bekadean said...

Thanks for not exposing the real reason we took "the road less traveled".

Leslie said...

It can be a secret between you, me, and Robert Frost.

Brooks said...

Sweet pic of Triple falls! Can I borrow it?

Leslie said...

You want me to email it to you? I have a few other really good ones from there also. I'll see what I can do for you, my friend.

Anonymous said...

A good Rain and we could shoot those on a tube!

Leslie said...

I was just thinking the same thing! You are hilarious. I will always remember those life threatening rapids! What were we thinking?

Anonymous said...

WOW, those are really beautiful waterfalls. =] I wanna come out for a hike!

ShaLillY!