Sunday, January 22, 2006

Caesar's Head State Park




Beka and I planned to hike this weekend, but the weather was wet, so we stayed in and dehydrated fruit for my upcoming trip. We looked through our pictures from last weekend and planned our next adventure. It looks like I will be taking this coming Friday off and spending a three day weekend in the S.C. wilderness again. I can't wait. I love my life! We did get to listen to Bill Irwin speak in Burlington, N.C. on Friday. He is the only blind man to hike the entire Appalachian Trail. He shared some of his adventures and his testimony. It was powerful.

3 comments:

Evan said...

Leslie,

I think this is going to be the most fun year of your life. Thanks for letting us live it along with you on the blog!

Anonymous said...

Ms. G
I think thhat even though at times I've given you trouble, but I think that from all this I will be a better person than when I came. So though the lessons you taught me I hope that the times were good. So really all I'm tring to say that is since you have been blessing to me "even though sometimes I chose the wrong choices" that God will continue to bless you. I hope that you will be able to accomplish this goal. As the scripture say you ca do all things through Christ that strengthens you. I hope you continue to be you, may God Bless.

Anonymous said...

Hello Ms. Gottschalk. You came into Mrs. Griffin's class today to speak with us about your journey on the A.T. and to thank us for the treats. =] Well personally I just wanted to say your very very welcome and I know that you are inspiring people everywhere to follow their heart and accomplish their dreams...(and I am one of them) =] Well I wish you the best of luck and make sure you put pictures on here so I can see the trail!!!

Your very welcome for everything!

Sha'Michael Lilly
Mrs. Griffin's AIG Class
7th grade 2005-2006