Saturday, February 11, 2006

Why Not Send Me Some Mail?

Friday was exactly one month from my official last day of teaching this year. My time at J.N. Fries Middle School is quickly drawing to an end. Whether I'm ready for it or not, time is steadily moving on. I have some gear I still need to purchase and test, but for the most part I am nearly "outfitted" for my journey.
It has taken me some time, but I have finally mapped out a preliminary itinerary for the first 46 days of our hike. As Megan and I adjust to the terrain and the weather we may veer from our itinerary, hopefully arriving at our planned destinations earlier, rather than later.
Below are the four major towns that we will be traveling through during our first 46 days. We would love to hear from you as we walk through the first three states (Georgia, North Carolina, and Tennessee) of our 14 state tour. If you are interested in sending letters, cards, pictures, or packages, you may use the Post Office addresses below. Make sure you include my name and a note on the envelope or package to "Hold for A.T. Hiker", as well as an ETA - expected arrival date.

Leslie Gottschalk ETA - April 24
General Delivery
Gatlinburg, TN 37738

Leslie Gottschalk ETA - May 1
General Delivery
Hot Springs, NC 28743

Leslie Gottschalk ETA - May 9
General Delivery
Erwin, TN 37650

Leslie Gottschalk ETA - May 18
General Delivery
Damascus, VA 24236

Don't forget to include a return address, in case the mail misses us as we move through the towns. I will update the blog periodically as I have internet access on the trail.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

In response to DeChane, I'll do my best to stay far away from bears, and rattlesnakes so as not to "get hurt". Thank you for the many laughs in science class. And as far as Ms. Witcher goes...she will see your writing as soon as she logs on to this website. Good luck to you.

Anonymous said...

Ms. Gottschalk-I'm happy that for my first year in North Carolina I had you as my teacher. Your lesson plans were probably the funnest labs I've ever had in my entire life. Also I wanted to thank you now that with that whole editing thing you did with us with our papers, you know when you talked to us about our writing, you really helped me learn how to be a better writer. Now I'm writing my own story that I could get lucky and get published. I guess like you I'm going to start an adventure. I hope that your adventure brings you great times.
Good Luck to you and your hiking partner!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hey MS. G i miss you already thanks so much for being my teacher. You are the best.I think that it is awsome to see that you are accomplishing your goal.You have taught everyone the importance of setting and accomplishing their goals. I hope you have fun on the A.T. (i know you will )and i will keep checking up on you to see how things are going.

P.S. you ROCK

Anonymous said...

HEY MS.G
just wanted to know if u got my letter. Me and alyssa went up to ur house and you were leaving right as we got to the top of the street. Well anyway love the new pictures and say how happy i am for you.

Leslie said...

Brittany, I did get your letter, thank you. You must have just missed me that day. I was gone for a short time dropping off my "mail drop" boxes off at Mrs. McNutt's house. Too bad we missed each other. Look forward to hearing how the school year works out for you.

Anonymous said...

ms gottschalk i hope everything is going fine up there on the trail how far have you gone now ?? so i hope everything goes well for you

dechane